Friday, July 3, 2015

And then you get back running

Crossing my fingers as I type this, but I feel like it was a short turn around with the stress fracture. For about 6-8 weeks I cycled or ran in the pool (without a belt) twice a day (for a total of 1hr40min-2 hours) then road my bike for 3+ hours on the weekend. After about 4 weeks, I was also able to add the arc trainer, where I would kill myself doing hill intervals. Every day I would work as hard as I could until I couldn't go hard anymore. Looking back I really don't think I could have worked any harder.

I've also been able to workout on the AlterG which has really helped my overall running fitness. Last week I had a session of 5x1 mile progressive at 80% body weight and 2-3% incline. I've been able to gradually increase my mileage with no pain and very little discomfort....so far so good.

I had the chance to compete in a 23 mile bike race recently, and actually posted the faster time for the women, and the 3rd fastest time overall. 
State Games of Mississippi. 1st female.
I'm hoping that all the cross training and rehab will help me in the long run. I am VERY happy to be back running. Even though I enjoyed the cycling, I would take running over cycling any day.

#RunHappy #PBTE



1 comment:

L.A. Runner said...

Yay running!!!!! Sounds like you haven't lost any fitness. Hope the bounce-back is smooth and painless.