- Monday: 50 minutes light progressive run (still tight from Saturday)
- Tuesday: 8.3 miles 7:40-8:00
- Wednesday: 30 min recovery
- Thursday: 8.3 miles w/ 2 miles fast (6:25, 6:21) & 5x 1 min fast, full jog recovery (5:35-5:55)
- Friday: 45 min progressive 8:00-7:24
- Saturday: Off (worked/volunteered all day)
- Sunday: 10.5 miles 7:20-8:00, south farm, hamstring killing me. This run could have been much faster but my hamstring gave me a really hard time.
The Saturday before I did a workout on the MSU XC course with the team (well, technically not WITH the team) and about died. I ran a 20 minute tempo sandwiched between two 30 minute runs. I ran with Jay (who was in the middle of a 20 mile run) for 20 minutes and averaged 6:54. It was hot and hilly and I thought I might pass out by the time we were finished. It took so much out of me that I'm not sure I covered much over 2 miles in the 30 minute cool down. If a stranger in a white van with no windows would have stopped and asked me if I wanted a ride, I definitely would have accepted.
Momma always said there'd be days like this...
And then Thursday I went out and ran a 2 mile tempo during my workout and averaged 6:20s. It is amazing how much stuff changes week to week right now.
Patrick had his 8 week appointment yesterday and weighed more than most children do at 4 months. I'm not really sure what to make of it. Doctor said he is big and healthy and progressing nicely. He also regressed with his sleep a little bit. I googled "8 week old sleep regression" and obviously there is no such thing. Most 8 week olds still have a good bit of trouble sleeping, so I should be happy I'm only getting up twice to feed him and go straight back to sleep. He's really a super good baby. I think he may be a better sleeper than Maddy was but I'm not totally sure....I forget most of the really early struggles.