Friday, April 18, 2014

Tired.

Ok, I have a confession. Running 50 mpw midway through your second trimester while putting in 45-50 hr work weeks will really knock you on your butt....epecially if you have to be in single parent mode most of the week (my husband has a ridiculous travel schedule until June). Then, race run a half-marathon in the middle of all that, see what happens.

Oh my gosh, tired. Exhausted. Falling asleep at 6:30pm. My daughter just had to tell me to go to bed....and she's three. It's Wednesday. The race was Saturday.

I took a day off Thursday. Never mind that I only ran 20 minutes the day before and after the half. I didn't push it during the half. I shouldn't be this tired. Maybe I'm anemic.

.....maybe I'm just pregnant.

Not only am I larger, slower, hungrier, and more tired, I also don't recover very fast. Long bouts of physical activity takes a lot out of me, sometimes days go by before I feel like my normal self again. Having a baby is such an adventure. I feel like I am in control of nothing.

17 more weeks until baby #2.

2 comments:

Murph. said...

My goal is 100 miles a month. Your running escapades while pregnant is amazing.

L.A. Runner said...

Truth! Truth! Truth! Hats off to you for doing all that AND already having a youngster. Last Tuesday on the bus on the way back from our track meet, I fell asleep. Yep, fell asleep on a school bus full of teenagers.

20 more weeks for me. Hurry up, time, hurry up!