Monday, September 2, 2013

Weekend long run

Saturday: 20 miles progressive treadmill run
Incline @ 0.5-1.0 w/ random segments between 1.5-3.5 to break it up
30 min @ 6:53
35 min @ 6:49-6:44
26 min @ 6:31
26 min @ 6:22
8min @ 12 incline,8- 8:20 pace, 
2 miles @ 6:15-6:11

Originally I had not planned on running 20 this weekend, but my long runs have improved   tremendously lately, as has the rest of my running, so I decided to stick with the long term (marathon) plan. It was hot and humid so I opted not to kill myself and ran on the treadmill. I was able to drink, take salt and gels with out an issue, and I only had a few minor Maddy interruptions.

A treadmill run ended up being a smart move. This now makes 3 solid 20 mile runs in about 5 weeks time. Just the confidence I need to climb a few mountains next weekend some of the best mountain runners in the world.

1 comment:

L.A. Runner said...

I really, really hate the treadmill. And then sometimes when I get REALLY hot and miserable on a run, I wish I still belonged to a gym or had one at home. I'm noticing that with a lot of runner moms, a TM is almost necessary to keep consistent mileage. Hmmm.... longs like the savings account may have just found its new goal! :)

Keep up the good work, girl!