Monday, September 23, 2013

Rehab Week.

Last Monday I was worried I wasn't going to be able to run for 2 months. Today I ran twice, nearly 14 miles total. It's funny how quickly the body can recovery from some aches and pains, and seems to never come back from others.

This was my "rehab week" (below). Every time I got on the trainer I peddled hard. I finished off the week with extremely tired legs that were begging to hit the pavement. The bike is one of my least favourite cross training activities, but it's the most convenient. I can watch TV, check email and read while peddling. I still haven't mastered the art of reading while running on the treadmill.

saturday: 2 hr 5 min (knee hurt bad) quit early, this was supposed to be a 2:45 run (felt great physically at 2 hrs)
Sunday: bike 30/45 double
Monday: 15 min jog PM: ? I can't remember what I did that afternoon....
Tuesday: 70 min run (knee hurt) 45 min bike (intervals, hard)
Wednesday: 20 min tempo run, 70 min bike w/ 4 x 10 min up tempo
Thursday: 60 min bike w/ short intervals, PM: 30 min bike
Friday: 25 min run, 90 min bike (hard, intervals) 
Saturday: 10 miles @ 7:03-6:40, 15 min bike
Sunday: 12 miles in 80 minutes + 35 min bike
Monday: 30min/70 min run double (knee ok)
My knee was hurting this morning, but it felt fine during my lunch break run. Hoping that this means I can jump right back into marathon training. 

No comments: