Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Knee.

I haven't had much for injuries that stop me from running in 3 years now. However, two days before the WMRC, I fell on some rocks on the trail and scraped up both me knees. It hurt but it didn't keep me from running, until I returned home and got back into my normal training routine.

On Saturday the plan was for a 2:45 long run and at a nice pace (nothing crazy) I felt great just before the 2 hour mark, when my knee started throbbing. I ended up having to stop right at 2:05. I haven't been able to run since.

I've road the bike like crazy for three days. Yesterday I saw the trainer and she told me I strained a tendon and bruised part of the bone. The fact that I can ride the trainer without much discomfort is promising. However, every day of running I miss is a day less training I have for Indianapolis Marathon. This week was suppose to be one of my biggest weeks, and I've already missed half of it. I'm not throwing in the towel just yet, but I'm hoping for a miracle of some sort. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

L.A. Runner said...

Sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up and think positively! Sending healing vibes and prayers your way!

Johann said...

Fingers crossed indeed! I hope it all sorts out in time for you. I missed a big race earlier this year because of a fall on my knee. Thinking of you!

Murph. said...

I am sorry about the knee woes. I have issues with my knees as well. The biking is a good sign. If anyone can rebound quickly, you can.

Lize Brittin said...

Thinking of you and hoping you get through this as quickly as possible! Hang in there.