Wednesday, September 25, 2013

3x3 mile on the "Run For Education"

4:45am: 2 mile w/u, 2 mile c/d, 3x3mile w/ jog recoveries @ Mpace, Mpace-10sec, Mpace- 20 sec
1.) 6:19, 6:18, 6:10
2.) 6:12, 6:11, 6:09
3.) 6:06, 6:04, 5:56

This was my first "official" hard day after all last week's chaos, so I was a little bit scared and intimidated by this workout on paper. Honestly, in the past when I had 3x3 mile scheduled I have (more than once) swapped it for an 8 mile tempo or 4x 2 mile. It scares me, not sure why, but today I was determined to finish, solo or not (I did have Micah for company on interval 1 and 2). 

Thought I wasn't breaking any records out there on a flat-as-pancake course, I did feel great the entire time, and only felt like it was getting hard towards the very end when I decided to clock the last mile in something like 5:55. Regardless, I mean it was 4:45am, anything fast does not come easy that early.

Though my legs are still a bit wobbly from riding the trainer all last week, the rest of my body is quite fresh and I'm thinking that I might just get a marathon in this fall after all.

2 comments:

L.A. Runner said...

My GOSH! That workout is BEAST! I have 3 x 2 tomorrow (at a much slower pace) and I am scared, too. You just made me look like a pansy, though! Haha! So glad everything is falling into place for you!!!! :)

L.A. Runner said...

My GOSH! That workout is BEAST! I have 3 x 2 tomorrow (at a much slower pace) and I am scared, too. You just made me look like a pansy, though! Haha! So glad everything is falling into place for you!!!! :)