Sunday, July 14, 2013

Speed work

Wednesday: 22 min w/u, 2x (8x70-80 sec) hard, 60-80 easy, 4 min jog between the sets on hilliest section @ south farm (back side, gravel) 5:00-5:35 depending on if I was going up or down. Good workout, hot and 94% humidity, felt strong on the hills.

Saturday: 15 min w/u, 6.33 miles tempo on very hill route  ( 6:25 avg - Rez Run at tempo...no fast ladies showed up so it was an easy $500), jog, 3X800m @ 5:28, 5:25, 5:28 (on road w/ hills), jog, 6X30sec @ 5:18-5:00 pace, 15 min jog c/d. Felt great.


I get to taper off a little bit before NACAC and run a few speed workouts, which is nice because its hot as heck in Mississippi during the summer. I know, "It's summer everywhere." But being a Northern Transplant, I've never quite gotten used to 97% humidity and triple digit temperatures. Even with our 4:45am workouts, its still over 80 degrees and the humidity is at its highest. But, I'd rather have this then the frigid Canadian winters (sorry, its the truth)  and I've learned a few tricks from friends to make it through.


Next weekend I will travel the New Hampshire to run the NACAC Mountain Running Championships, which is also the USA Mountain Running Championships- which means I better bring my A game and expect to swallow my pride a little bit. The women's field is stacked, which makes me extremely excited as I rarely get to line up against a field of ladies like this one. I am so looking forward to a few days out of the office to run my tail off on Cranmore Hill.


Run Happy!

Meggan

1 comment:

L.A. Runner said...

Dang, girl! Nice workouts (and race)! Living in LA (Lower Alabama), I know EXACTLY how you feel. People don't seem to understand. It's like trying to run a workout while be smothered with a wet blanket. We'll get the last laugh in January, though, when we're running in shorts.

Keep up the good work!

Ps. Oh, and in regards to the comment you left on my blog.. WHAT? REALLY???!!!?? :)