Monday, April 1, 2013

Monday morning run at "up-tempo"

4:45am Monday: 1hr37min on hilly route w/ 10 miles @ 6:45 avg + 6X30 sec. at sub 5:10/ w/30 seconds rec.

After Saturday's 13.1 miles at marathon pace I logged 12 miles Sunday and still felt really good. Instead of running easy Monday I decided on joining Micah and Houston (my Dad is here for a visit) for a longer run at up-tempo, nothing killer but a good effort that still required concentration.

After every harder run I feel the hip getting stronger...and its about time. With Montreal 4 weeks away, I've got to get ready to run as hard as I can for 13.1 miles faster than I have ever gone before.

I'm already nervous.

2 comments:

mainers said...

solid start to the week!

Margot (fasterbunnyblog) said...

Hey lady!
Random but I just noticed I'm on your blog roll and was insanely flattered bc I am a HUGE FAN of your running!!! I am always so impressed by your workouts and races and how adorable your family is!

So uh...I just wanted to say hi :). Sorry, couldn't find a "contact me" area bc obviously this belongs more in an email.