Saturday, November 10, 2012

Long run at Boardtown

AM: 20.2 miles w/ 9 miles steady, 9 miles @6:15-6:25, 2.2 @steady

This long run/long tempo was not well planned and it was all my fault. When I checked the website to see this weeks route, I didn't notice that the whole thing was gravel and that it was going to be difficult to maintain a good pace and get accurate results.

Still, Houston paced me through it and it wasn't too bad. We had some slower miles and some faster ones when we finally hit a stretch of pavement, overall it averaged out about right. We did stop once for a hip stretch (gravel makes my hip extremely tight) and again when Houston was bit by a dog (yeah that happened) but for the most part it was a good run and I was pleased.

My next workout will be either Tuesday or Wednesday...and will be some combination of leg cramping, chest about to explode type session. Still, looking forward to it. I absolutely love this stuff.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
-M

4 comments:

Raina said...

Ugh! The gravel trap.
You commented once on my blog about the difficulty of track verses gravel track. I needed to hear a sound voice that day :)
Hope that your next workout involves a few less rocks, but is rockin' nonetheless!

SupermomE12 said...

I love reading about your workouts, and I love that you "love this stuff". Me too!!! People either get that or they don't. It's fun to connect with others who get it. Great job as always!

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

I totally understand "the love" hope it never fades

Katie @ msfitrunner said...

I just found your blog, and I love yreading your workouts. Looking forward to reading more!:)