Thursday, November 8, 2012

Half-Miles on Mugshots

AM: 20 min w/u
8x800m on Mugshots: 2:41, 2:45, 2:32, 2:30, 2:37, 2:40, ?:??, ?:?? (these times are +/- 5 seconds always on mugshots)
20min c/d

Good workout yesterday. I ran pretty hard and got some junk in my legs early...which was the plan. I forgot the splits on the last two, probably because I was suffering so bad I forgot to stop my watch.

After number 7 I almost called it quits, but I hung on for one more interval, went out like my pants were on fire only for my legs to completely die with about 150m remaining. I was actually pleased with this....this National Cross course is no joke. If I want to be competative at all, I've got to learn to deal with a little lactic acid...and quickly.

After that....Rocket City!

1 comment:

L.A. Runner said...

Nice work! Anytime I hit my 800s in sub 2:50 it is a VERY good day. Hahah. You're a beast! Have you done Rocket City before? It's one of my favorite small marathons. I think I told you that...