Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mini Wednesday Workout

2 mile w/u
4 miles @ marathon pace (campus loop), 60 rest,
2 X 10min hard w/ 2 rest
2 mile c/d
I had no Garmin today. I left it on the charged and this morning when I woke up it was completely dead. Because I am tapering I had planned to run by feel anyway. I met Kevin at 5:00am and we warmed up towards campus for a few minutes before rolling into the 4 mile portion.
This was suppose to be marathon effort so I didn't look at my watch and just ran relaxed and controlled. Once I hit the 4 mile mark my watch said 24:14 (which was wrong). Kevin told me we average 6:11 per mile, which sounded about right. A little faster than marathon pace, but given the taper,perfectly fine.
The 10 minute segments...there was nothing controlled about them. I ran them hard, pushing the whole way, finishing the workout feeling strong and confident. There may just be a big marathon in me yet. If not, I have sure enjoyed the training for this one. It has made me to realize I am capable of much more than I give myself credit for. So if October 21st isn't everything I have trained for it to be, there will be another one.

6 comments:

Kristen Lawrence said...

I am very excited for your race day. Your workouts have been amazing, your paces blow my mind. Cannot wait til you kill it!! Lots of luck to you!

L.A. Runner said...

Good luck, Meggan!!!! I'll be rooting for you! :)

SupermomE12 said...

I think you have a HUGE marathon coming up. I am so excited for you and am cheering you on from WY! Hugs!

Becky said...

Cheering you on! Just did my first marathon a few weeks ago :).

jayloh@runningmovesme said...

I like your attitude about there being another marathon, after this, but I'm hoping your upcoming one is amazing. :)
Can't wait to hear all about it.

Rhiannon Riegel said...

It looks like you've definitely put in the effort for a huge payoff! Best of luck on Sunday!