Saturday, October 6, 2012

Last pre-marathon "long" run

AM: 15.7 miles @ 6:49 avg,
(pick-ups from 10-13 miles)
1.5 miles @sub 6min, 60 jog rest, 1200m @ 6:20, 60 rest, 800m @ 5:45 pace.

It was just Kevin and I so we didn't kill it today but we didn't run slow either. Part of the Poor House loop out at Boardtown has some good hills...and my legs felt strong...which is a good thing.

It was cooler today and we (unfortunately) picked the windy leg to run our pick-ups, so be mile 13 I felt pretty drained. I'm not sure if its lack of sleep or me just over analyzing things. Regardless, I'm planning on really tapering off these next two weeks.

2 comments:

jayloh@runningmovesme said...

which marathon are you running in two weeks?
I was excited to read about your race (and win! congrats) at NFIM. That's going to be my first full, this year!

Lize Brittin said...

I hope the taper goes well adn allows you to feel back on top of things. I can't wait to read the race report in two weeks!