Saturday, September 8, 2012

Training week worthy of a blog

Sunday: 17 miles w/ 12 miles at alternating fast/slow miles (6:16 avg) (treadmill)
Monday: 13 miles solid pace on South Farm (team's long run)
Tuesday: 8 miles easy
Wednesday: 12 miles (treadmill)
Thursday: 3 mile w/u, 6X 1 mile on hilly road loop w/ garmin, 90 sec rest (5:45, 5:40, 5:42, 5:41, 5:47, 5:19). 3 mile c/d
Friday: 74 minutes easy
Saturday 2:30 long run at Boardtown (extremely humid, really struggled at the end)

~92 miles in 7 days in 7 runs

I cramped really bad on Saturday starting at about 13 miles. It started in my lower back and ran all the way to my toes. I didn't care to much about it, I had a great week and I finished the long run regardless.

I'm not hitting triple digits but I did hit another 90, which is big for me.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased.

3 comments:

L.A. Runner said...

Excellent work!!!!!

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

great week of training!

? - the 6 X 1 mile workout @ mostly 5:40ish pace, how does that pace compare to your goal MRP ?

Becky at Prairie Runner said...

Fantastic!!!! That's gotta feel really good!!!!!