Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tempo Tuesday

After being sick all weekend + Monday, Tuesday morning I woke up expecting to get some kind of a workout in. I ran for about 2 min and realised it wasn't going to happen...I still felt like garbage.
Sooo...I went back to bed, woke up over an hour later to get Maddy up and ready for daycare/work.
Tuesday afternoon I wasn't feeling awesome but when I jumped on the treadmill my legs felt good (maybe because I had only cover 10 total miles in 2 days) so I decided I would try running hard and see what happened.

I'm running Heart & Sole Half so I didn't want to go crazy but I did want to run fast. I decided 30 minutes of tempo would do the trick.

20 min @ 6:45
3x1 min @ 5:20 w/ 30 rest
30min @ 5:49

No cooldown (had a program I had to get to)

Even though the treadmill gives you super powers and allows you to do crazy stuff that you can't do in real life ( 0 incline, no wind, etc. etc.) It was enough to make me feel like I worked hard, but didn't kill myself. I'm not sure what effort that is running on the road but with 13.1 miles of hard running this Saturday...and this stupid stomach flu I've been battling...its good enough for me.

6 comments:

Gracie said...

Stomach flu is the worst. We just got over it last week! My little nephews kept passing it around. Get well!

Katie said...

Sorry to hear about your stomach bug. Hope you're feeling so much better by race day!

SupermomE12 said...

Oh man - feel better soon friend. Great running though despite it!! I am the opposite though - I am faster on the track with less (perceived?) effort than on the treadmill. I always feel like I am dieing on the treadmill. And winter is coming. And I live in Wyoming. Sigh... :)

I hope you are feeling better today!

Denise said...

Sorry to hear about your stomach bug - they are the worst. Hope you are feeling better very soon. Good luck at your race this weekend.

A-Pi (Peter) said...

All the best on saturday, I'm doing a half then too and battling a slight cold.

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

bummer - being sick is the worst!

where is the race? is it this weekend?

hope you recover quickly.