Sunday, September 23, 2012

Long run at Boardtown

AM: 20 miles w/ 17@6:40avg at Boardtown
Pickups at miles 16,17,19 (6:10,6:16,6:00)
Had to get this one in solo. I guess all my running friends took off on glamours vacations this weekend and forgot to invite me (jk).

I wanted to go 21-22 this morning but my stomach was upset the whole time and I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with something. After 4 trips into the bush I stopped keeping track. I had no problem pushing the pace when I needed to, but overall I knew I didn't feel quite right and had to keep myself from throwing up on multiple occasions.
Once again another 90+ miles in7 days (8 runs)

Which brings me to the end of this training cycle, and only 4 week until the Columbus Marathon. I have never worked harder than I have since the Spring when I decided to just go after it and hopefully not fall to pieces. I have done some incredible workouts, and I have also fell flat on my face multiple times dealing with dehydration, fatigue, and S.I. problems. I am excited about the next 4 weeks and seeing what I can put together. I know that its not all about this one race, if it goes well...awesome. If I fail? Then I will start focusing on the next one.

Good luck to everyone training and racing this weekend.

4 comments:

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

You can NEVER fail! You are just awesome!

P2S said...

Hello! Do you like shopping on Amazon.com?
Now you can do it for free.
Just earn points and redeem them to cash! Use this referral-link:http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=josve05a

Christie said...

Your dedication and determination is contagious! Such an inspirational woman.

Sub 2 Hour Half Marathon said...

Are you frustrated with your running? Tired of holding pace for the majority of the race then slowing down when it counts most? You've come to the right place to correct these issues. Stop self-bogging yourself. All it takes is a few strategic changes in your training to produce dramatic breakthroughs in your future races.