Saturday, August 11, 2012

Long run at Boardtown

AM: 17.64 miles @ boardtown (about 14miles @ 6:30avg)
(I am posting these splits mostly to boost confidence in myself right now, please just bear with me) 7:14, 6:29, 6:25, 6:32, 6:30, 6:43, 6:32, 6:26, 6:39, 6:22, 6:10, 6:19, 6:37, 6:43, (:54 for. 14) + 3.5 miles of the Rick Loop easy @ 7:35 pace

I haven't been out at Boardtown for 4 weeks and my long runs have not been near the quality as they typically are running with the group on Saturdays. Being that the loop was only 10 miles, I ran the first four miles straight from my house and then joined the group just after 6:30am.

After about 7 miles I wad a little worried about how things would go. I'm not gunna lie, I felt out of shape for a large portion of it. Thank goodness for Micah, he practically dragged me along today. At one point before the second water he dropped a 5:45 mile...only to leave me coughing and gasping behind him in about 6:10. Still, I was pleased. Two more weeks and I will be right back where I left off.

 I'm making better choices when it comes to fueling my activities, but its still hard. I still find myself going hours without eating, then just having to stuff my face with the first thing that becomes available. Convenience food is.... just that...convenient.

The group today was large and made for a very enjoyable run. Students are starting to arrive back on campus making workouts with the team right around the corner. I'm excited, we have some very talented new additions and I am looking forward to the possibility of a couple grinding sessions early this fall.

Things are looking up!

3 comments:

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

How about reminders to eat on your phone? Glad you are feeling better and running so well:_

Vicky Cook said...

you (and I!) need to spend a few hours baking some healthy, filling snacks to stock the freezer with. Then your convenience food is just that AND more nutritious than a packet of Doritos!

WOnderful long run!

Haley said...

I'm glad you'll feeling better. Just relax. You'll kick marathon butt in a few weeks time.
-Haley