Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm still here.

I've been told I need to update my blog. I guess I was kind of surprised someone noticed. Lets just say that I have not had the best two weeks of training...my legs have had a hard time coming back after the Rez Run this past Saturday (it made Mount Schmidt look like a speed bump). Unfortunately it was not the relaxed tempo I had expected (I got to the race just before the gun went off) and definitely not in this heat.

So here we are, sitting in our over-priced hotel room in downtown Chicago waiting for Maddy to wake up from her 2 hour afternoon "nap" (must be nice). Tomorrow I race Chicago Rock 'n' Roll half,  and Monday we are attempting to fly to Canada to visit family ( that's another complicated story). I would have said three weeks ago that I was looking for a PR. However, after how the last two weeks have gone...it will be what it will be.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and good luck to anyone racing.

Meggan

3 comments:

Richard Hefner said...

Good luck Meggan! Looking forward to reading your recap, even if it's not your best race. And you might get out there and surprise yourself by doing way better than you think (which won't be as much of a surprise to us!).

Jenn said...

Best of luck to you tomorrow Meg! My sister is running that race too! Hopefully it's cooler in Canada!

Erin said...

Good Luck Meg! Your body knows what to do. Listen and go with it!