Saturday, June 30, 2012

20 mile treadmill run.

AM: 20 miles progressive treadmill run in 2:09:40
5 miles @ 6:53-6:40
5 miles @ 6:31
3 miles @ 6:15
6 miles @ 6:11
1 mile  @ 6:07

This run didn't go as perfectly as I would have liked. I felt great the entire time, but I didn't get up early enough to get it in. By the time I reached mile 7, Maddy was already awake and demanding a "nak" (snack). I had anticipated this before I started and had already prepared two eggo waffles and had set the monitor up in the den so I could watch Maddy while she ate. It wasn't but a few minutes later we were screaming at the top of our lungs for "Addie" (aka Backyardagains). Unfortunately, each of those episodes was only 24 minutes and 17 seconds with credits...and Maddy already knows that the credits means that Addie is about to end.
So about every twenty minutes of this sweaty 20 mile run I was presented with the remote control and a very angry 21 month old. Regardless, this run went, I finished it and I felt pretty good doing it.

If your asking yourself why I would do something crazy like log over 2 hours on a treadmill with nothing but a dozen or so overplayed songs on an mp3 player, I would tell you that I didn't really have much of a choice. Our regular sitter is out of town for the weekend and we are experiencing record high temps across the state. The sun was already blaring hot when my husband jogged away at 6:00am, I figured the true Mississippian would handle the heat better than I so we didn't even bother drawing straws. I enjoyed the 70 degrees while he sweated it out in the 85-90s. We were both satisfied with our decisions and Houston ended up having a pretty good run too.

Hope everyone had a great long run this morning. Stay safe and stay hydrated.

No comments: