Saturday, May 5, 2012

Transition

I got sick again this week, this time much worse than the last two times. I had to leave work, go home and try to sleep it off. At one point my fever was 102, but it broke finally about 8PM Friday night. I woke up this morning dehydrated, tired and light headed.

I've been working and running a lot and not sleeping as much as I should so its my own fault for getting sick. I missed the Cotton Classic 10K this morning, very sad. Next week I have Gum Tree 10K and then a 5K two weeks later. After that, I'm taking a recovery week and then hibernating for the summer.

Sorta.

It has taken me a year to get up to 85 miles a week (just a few times), probably because I started from 0 after pregnancy. I have mapped out months of high mileage before my fall marathon. I am excited about it, but I need to go into as fresh as possible...and no stomach flu.

I see people running amazing all around me..its so motivating. There is a common denominator in all these fast times I have been seeing...hard work. For me, I know what works, I know how to get better.
And, quite honestly, I need to run a bit more.

Obviously, today is not the day to start. It took me 20 minutes to get Maddy dressed this morning because there were stairs involved. After a day or two of taking it easy, I plan to be back to normal.

Good luck everyone that is racing this weekend.

Sunday: 2 mile w/u, Half-Marathon in 1:19:01, 10 min c/d
Monday: Recovery run in Montreal
Tuesday: 9 miles w/ Kelly hamstring tight
Wednesday: Recovery run, hamstring
Thursday: 12 miles good pace w/ friends
Friday: 5 miles @ 7:03, not feeling good (stomach flu)

-Megg


2 comments:

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

just catching up on your race report and illness. most of all, I love how you always find another gear, when you think you are done. nice racing!

I hope by now you are feeling better. Good Luck with the upcoming 10k and 5k.

Lize Brittin said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!!