Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bulldog Miles Success.

Yesterday Houston and Maddy got up early to time me running Bulldog Miles on Mugshots (which I was very thankful for). Goal: try not to die.
1.5 mile w/u & c/d
-4*80 seconds on the road w/ 30-60sec rest. (Trying to average around 5:20-5:25)
-2*800m on 3rd Mugshots mile. (2:39, 2:45)
-1x1 mile on last mugshots mile (this mile is short and downhill)  5:03
(like I said, short & downhill)
-2x800m back up on Mugshots
2:34 (short), 2:38 (up!)
-4*60seconds w/ 30-60 rest. (Dying)
- the rest was short, maybe 80-90 sec between 800s and 2.5 min after the mile

I haven't ran mugshots anymore because I'm not sure how accurate it is and I'm always tempted to cut the median. Today was OK, however because I wanted to run this workout to compare to something I Did last year.

I am happy to say that this workout got better as it went on. And even though the last mile is mostly down hill and short, that's the fastest I have ever ran on it. I am starting to feel confident about my ability to run a fast 5k or 10k. I'm hoping this workout is the start of good things (times) to come later.

4 comments:

Rosalie Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosalie Davis said...

What exactly are bulldog miles?

mfranks said...

Good question. The workout is five miles total, broken into 4x400m, 2x800m, 1x1600, 2x800, 4x400m. I modify it a little bit for the roads, especially the 400s. The recovery is 1/4 the distance of each interval and the goal is to run the whole thing at 5k race pace with the mile basically as hard as you can. We call it bulldog miles because the MSU mascot is a bulldog and its a workout me Husband makes his team do.

Rosalie Davis said...

Interesting, will have to try it. Thanks.