Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just a log...

Sorry...this is just a log...

Monday: 11 miles
Tuesday: 11 miles
Wednesday: 3 mile w/u, 5X1 mile @ 5:30, 5:30, 5:27, 5:24, 5:18 w/ 2 in recovery jog 3 mile c/d, PM: 3 miles (~15)
Thursday: 11 miles
Friday: 10 miles
Saturday: 3 mile w/u, 5K race in 18:01, 8 mile c/d (sick w/fever) 1st, course record) (14.5)
Sunday: Sick, easy recovery run
Monday: 15 miles @ sub-6:45
Tuesday: 10 miles @ 7:10 pace
Wednesday: 8 miles (little sleep, sick again)
Thursday: AM: 40 min easy, PM: 20 min jog (sick)
Friday: 62 minutes @ 7:05 pace (lunch break run, starting to feel better)
Saturday: 16 miles in 1hr 45 min w/ 3 miles @ HMP (sub-5:55) and 3 miles @ MP (sub 6:20) (on leg 2 & 4) (much better!)

So yes, I got sick and 4 quality days became 4 days of jogging. In the end, it was probably a blessing. I felt amazing on my long run this morning and had two really good sections of tempo.

Today was the Boardtown runners reunion, so Micah, David and I were joined by Tiffany for most of the run which was awesome. There was pop in my stride today and I haven't felt this good on a long run in a few weeks. Obviously, this is because the last few days have been recovery, but all my training leading up until this point has been fantastic.

Going into Montreal, I know that I am capable of a good time. If it happens, great! If not, there will be another race later this year to try for a big PR. I am looking forward to the next few weeks of racing, a good summer, and then prepping for a fall marathon...possibly Chicago Marathon? :)

We will see.

5 comments:

Kris @ www.kris-lawrence.com said...

Love your logs.....they make my jaw drop. 7:10 pace the day after a 15 @ sub 6:45 makes my legs sore just thinking of it. Do you have your next marathon picked?

mrn said...

do philly with me and caitlin! sub-2:40 or bust!

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

You are on fire. Nothing stops you!

ayedubbscclark said...

looks like you are still kicking butt out their!! Keep it up. -ayedubbs

Sunny 2 Runner said...

WOW!! Awesome week even being sick you rocked it. :-)