Thursday, January 12, 2012

Progress. (8 weeks from RnR marathon.)

Monday: 84 minutes
Tuesday: 78 minutes
Wednesday: 2.5 mile w/u, 5x1 mile in 5:32, (2 rest), 3 mile c/d
Thursday: AM 40 minutes, PM: 30 minutes
Friday: 80 minutes
Saturday: M,K & D's marathon simulator run.
2.5 mile w/u, 15 miles with first 7 miles @6:48, next 8@ 6:28, 2.5 mile c/d (20 miles total)
Sunday:planned 60-70 min run for 80~ miles
Good week for me. I'm still having some tightness in my hip and my calves are super tight but I'm probably exactly where I should be. I still have 5 weeks of hard training to accomplish before my legs start feeling really good.
2012 is going to be about over coming fears, branching out, and taking chances. My first step...I'm running a 5k on the track next week in Birmingham. I have not raced on the track since my senior year of college...May 2006. That's a long time ago.
To add to the excitement, I ordered a new pair of spikes. More than likely I will not end up racing in them Thursday....but I will at least once this year.
I'm not sure what my goals are for NOLA, I'm going to wait a few weeks and see how my training unfolds. So far, I think I'm on track

6 comments:

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

This is some greta running! Happy you are feeling better. If you run like this when not at 100%, I can only imagine what you will do when everything clicks for you. Excited about your 5K. Excited to follow your training!

Raina said...

Interesting workouts! I like reading the details of the marathon simulator.

How fun about the 5k! I have never worn spikes or raced anything beyond an all comer's meet mile on the track. It sounds like a perfect opportunity for a fast race.

Take care of the calves and hip! That marathon is coming soon.

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

exciting news about the race in b'ham. I will be heading to Houston to support a friend attempting sub 4:00 and, of course, watching whatever we can see of the Oly. trials. Should be a super weekend. Good Luck to you!

Lize said...

This should be an exciting year, indeed! The track can be so much fun when you're ready for it. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you. Go get 'em speedy!!

Laura said...

Good for you for branching out and taking chances this year... I'm excited to see where your training takes you!

Caitlyn Clark said...

Can't wait to see how your 5k goes!
GOOD LUCK!

I'm sure you'll get that PR you are after!