Sunday, August 28, 2011

Reader Reviews- Running Duds We Women Swear By.

After the running skirt review, these fabulous readers gave 
some advice on their favorite running shorts, tights, and skirts. 
Thanks, all. Read on!



Blogger Meg O @watchmegorun said...




 I have three different brands (of running skirts) - champion, nike, and lululemon. My favorite is hands down the lululemon skirt. It fits the best (as you get numbered sizes rather than small, med, or large) and it's the best length for me (it isn't super long as I don't really like that either) 

Blogger Jenn

I wear mostly Brooks and I LOVE it but Lululemon really makes some comfortable shorts. They make a lot of comfortable things if you want to pay $54.

Blogger Ana-Maria RunTriLive

Yes, I am voting for shorts too. And yes, Lululemon speed shorts are awesome - short, nice waste band lower on the hip, wicking material, the most comfortable shorts in the summer! Be careful though, once you get a pair, the $54 price tag becomes worthwhile and pretty soon you find yourself justifying more and more purchases.

Blogger Miss Erosion

 I really like the Nike Pro Girls Boyshorts. I have always wanted to try out the lululemon clothes; but I have a very hard time forking over that much $$$.

Blogger Lize Brittin

Ha! You might have me switcing to a skirt despite my former protests. It is cute. 

Blogger Tina @GottaRunNow


 I like my North Face skirt with three pockets. http://gottarunnow.blogspot.com/2011/06/north-face-running-skirt.html.

OpenID ayedubbscclark

As for shorts, I like the moving comfort spandex shorts. Hardly ever ride (unless they are getting old) I also like the longer spandex shorts, too.

2 comments:

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Another awesome week for you! I dream about running 13 @MP after 7 easy! Ahh, in prior training cycles I always managed 20 @ MP, but now with higher mileage this has been hard. So excited for your race! Love following your training! Yes, you've got wheels! Can I borrow them?

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

I haven't found the perfect running skirt - I've tried Nike and Runningskirts.com. I love the way they feel for walking around in, and short runs and even 5ks in the winter, but I haven't found one that doesn't ride up, so far.
I want to try a LuLu skirt. I have some LuLu running shorts(groovy run) (Jenn recommended) that I LOVE, but they discontinued them.

I have tried some of the runningskirts.com compression socks, post racing. I can't say if they help with recovery, for sure, but they do feel really nice to wear, and I think they may help???