Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day! Deciding what my next Canadian Marathon will be.


Even though I am 3000 miles away from my home, I am still going to celebrate Canada Day...being that Maddy and I are Canadian.

People keep asking me what Canada Day is. I keep telling them "Your July 4 is our July 1." Doesn't that make sense?

The game plan is to run either the Toronto Waterfront Marathon on October 16th http://www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com/

OR
The Niagara Falls International Marathon on October 23rd
http://www.niagarafallsmarathon.com/

In Toronto I will get my butt handed to me by a long list of elites..but I have a good chance of running fast. In Niagara Falls I have a good chance of placing top 5.

Either way, the goal is to run 2:55 or under.

Happy running, all.

Megg

3 comments:

Running and living said...

You are going to kill it anyways! Selfishly, I want you to do the one on Oct 16th, bc I am running a marathon that day as well. Thinking of you will make me run strong:)

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

I personally would go with the Niagara Falls marathon - flat and fast -

Anonymous said...

When will you post again ? Been looking forward to this !