Saturday, May 14, 2011

5 weeks out from Winnipeg Marathon

Monday: 70minutes
Tuesday: 70 minutes
Wednesday: 5X1 mile on roads w/ 2:30-3min rest, 5:40, 5:30, 5:34, 5:29, 5:34 (80minutes)- In training shoes cause of achilles, ended up being a great idea.
Thursday: 52 minutes with Maddy in the jogger
Friday: 70 minutes in Athens, GA
Saturday: 1:40 for 14.6 miles (6:50 pace), last 5 miles at 6:30 pace. Hilly does not do this run justice.

Not a stellar week but...its a week and it was not bad. I had a lot going on this week that I would rather not post about- partly because I was asked not to just yet. It was just a hard week for everyone.... didn't seem to phase Maddy what-so-ever. Who is this child? Seriously, I know she is mine but she is absolutely amazing.

Going to P.T. for the hip and it seems to be helping. 16 miles at goal marathon pace is this Saturday. Wish me luck.

Oh I also, joined HoneyMilk.com. I've got an athlete profile on there somewhere.

BTW, Brooks T6 Racers are some of the best racing flats I have ever put my ski-sized man feet into.
To bad my joints can't handle the pounding just yet to race in them.

1 comment:

Happy Feet 26.2 said...

I just posted on another blog that I hate when "life" get's in the way of my passion, but it is life!

Looks like you had quality runs even though....