Saturday, February 12, 2011

16 weeks postpartum: Longest run since pregnancy

Thursday: am: 8.3 miles in 61 min, abs and stretch
Friday: AM: 5 miles (no Husband and Maddy had a bad night)
Saturday: 15.6 miles in 1:51
Sunday: Planned 45minute run with M.E. and Aaron

This mornings run felt pretty good. I told myself that I was not going to go as fast, that I was going to be relaxed and just get the run in. The loop was about 12 miles, and 15.5 with the add on. Micah and I started off relaxed, eventually getting down around
7:00-6:55 until about mile 6 where we parted ways. I ran the last 10 miles solo.
The add-on loop took me around the "lake" at Browning Creek. Having never ventured out this far alone, I was a little hesitant and slowed the pace down a bit (I am extremely directionally challenged) but I kept taking rights (advised by Micah) until I finally hooked back in on the west side. The loop was hilly, I slowed to about 7:20 pace, and by the time I got back to the water stop I was ready to start rolling.
I told myself I was not going to stop for Gatorade, but the bags were a mess so I stopped to fix them up anyway. I hit 7:00 for mile 11, then 6:45ish for the next 3-4 miles. By the time I got back on Montgomery, my hamstring was cramping badly, so I slowed down the last mile to try and take in the moment.
This is/was my longest run since the pregnancy. Its amazing how much I need running in my life.

Maddy has a little bit of a cold, and of course I freak a little about it. My 4 month old is sick for the first time.. Thursday and Friday night she barely slept, waking up at 12:30, 1:30 and 3:30, she wanted to eat, then play, then cry, anything but sleep. I feel like I am slowly running out
of gas, I have started to forget things--yesterday I made it all the way to school and realized I
didn't have Maddy's bottle bag. The first thought was, "Do I need to go back to get them?" Of course I do, what the hell is she going to eat? OK, so the lack of sleep has really done a number on me, and I've got to learn how to make the situation better. Its hard, though, sometimes Maddy doesn't fall asleep until 9:00, so that means I can't either. In the end, it doesn't matter. Even when we are awake in the middle of the night, there is nothing else I would rather be
doing then taking care of her.

1 comment:

Renee said...

you are such an awesome mom!