Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

AM: 10 miles with 4X 1 mile pick ups @ sub 6:30, recovery at 7:30
Actual- 6:24, 6:08, 6:29, 6:08 (6:08 on measured loop-Garmin said 6:28)
Easy miles were 7:45 ish (10 miles)

Houston: "Your not going to work out in this are you?"
Meggan: "Why not, I would if I was home." (home meaning Canada)
Houston: "Be careful please."

Seriously, Starkville got like 3 inches and everything shuts down. It's unbelievable. I realize that the city doesn't own a snow plow, and that almost 19,000 people in the area probably can't drive in this.

If I was the mayor, I would have had the streets sanded this morning.....just sayin.

Anyways, this workout went well I guess. I mean, I just had a baby, and technically I really have only been really running for 6 weeks...well sorta. I know I keep saying that but I am trying to justify my weakness syndrome... and also keep myself in check cause I want to have another wee one someday...and possibly another....and another.

Houston feels like I have not done enough base and that I am jumping into harder stuff to quickly. He may be right but I can't be bothered doing more easy runs, I would rather watch paint dry. The whole time I was pregnant I ran for fitness and it was less than enjoyable. I need to run so hard I feel like puking. That's just me.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I know what it's like to want to run so hard you feel like puking. And I love it. It sounds to me, though, that your workouts have been going great for you just having baby Madison. :)
Also, I agree that Starkville is a bit ridiculous with this snow. Ha :P