Saturday, January 15, 2011

Not quite the best week ever.

Monday: (see previous post)
Tuesday: 56 minutes recovery run
Wednesday: 60+ minutes with 8X3:30 hard, 60-90 recovery
Thursday: 60minutes recovery
Friday: 8.6 miles (63:30)
Saturday: 11.4 miles (79minutes) (7:20, 7:16, 6:50, 6:46, 6:47, 6:59, 6:47, 6:58, 6:58, 7:04, 7:10)

Didn't run to hard today, but not to easy either. It was just so nice to be out there, running with friends (back with the 4:45 am group). Months ago, I didn't think I would be back here so soon, and three months ago..I realized how little it really mattered.

My whole life has really changed these last few months and I am starting to think I am really not the same person I was before. I used to think I had stress, but now all those little things I used to worry about mean nothing.

My entire day revolves around my Daughter. I wake up between 3:45 and 4:00 am, feed my baby, make coffee (I mean, it's 4 o'clock in the freakin morning), run, make sure I'm back by 6:00AM so I can pump, feed/play/dress Maddy, and get to work on time/early (I like to be early).
At 10:00 AM I pump, at lunch I come home, feed Maddy and play with her before quickly heading back to work. Again, at 4:00 PM, I pump.I'm lucky because I am home by 5:15 or so, again, to play with Maddy and feed her (she eats alot at night).

I can't even remember what life was like before Maddy, was I really even living? The weeks go by so fast, yet I feel like I live so much more. Even when I am rushing to get her dressed in the morning, I savor every second. Every minute I hold her is precious, every noise she makes is beautiful. I love my muffin more than anything in this world.

By this time, I am starting to feel almost back to normal. I'm not as fit/fast but I am looking like my old self and I definitely feel better. As for my body, it's not much different. I don't own a scale, but I can't to far off what I was when I got pregnant- and, honestly, I don't care.

It's not about me anymore.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I love reading about your love for Madison :)
It makes me so excited to have a baby *don't worry though, I can definitely wait a few years, haha*
But it's great to see that you're running! And you're getting so fit! That's surprising how fast you're coming back. You're gonna be tearin up the track in no time :)
<3 Haley