Saturday, December 4, 2010

You might be a runner if-- You wear racing flats to work on Fridays

Monday:34min run
Tuesday:50 min bike, 5/4/3/2X3 I think....
Wednesday:4am: 48 minutes (yeah, no sleep that night)
Thursday:AM: 20min on the bike PM: 40min with M.E. 5X2min up tempo, 1min recovery
Friday:40min on the bike, 1,2,3,4 hard, 1 recovery X3
Saturday: 9miles in 65min (Yes thats 7:13 pace, not bad for 7 weeks p.p.)
Sunday: Planned 60min run with M.E.

I ordered a new pair of brooks launch because my old new balance had seen better days. I also order a pair of racing flats because my brooks ID is about to expire. I have come to the conclusion that they are not going to ask me back...probably because I didn't race at all last year. You see, pregnancy really doesn't help you in the racing circle. I am thinking about writing them a letter and explaining my situation. Part of me doesn't care though.

I'm having a little bit of achilles issues, but what else is new. I'm trying to ice and take motrin as much as possible in between Maddy's feedings. I really wish I didn't have to deal with the achilles right now, but I don't want to be out 8 months either. This is why I took a extra day for the trainer last week. I'm going to race this spring, I'm just not sure how fast. Most of my runs have been easy by this point...although today (saturday) I pushed the pace just a little in the first part (yeah, I did it backwards). I slowed down the last two miles to run with a friend.

I've been back at work three days and I can add up the number of hours of sleep I have had the last three nights and still not get into double digits. Madison has not enjoyed the change in schedule. However, Friday night she gave me one 4 1/2 hour stretch which I was sooo happy for. Everyone keeps telling me that I will get 8 hours when she's 18. I think the body just learns to adjust. I wish mine would.

I've had a little trouble balancing things...like Feeding Maddy/pumping/working/running/ etc. Not only that, the lack of sleep has gotten me so exhausted that I am starting to have trouble sleeping. After talking with a friend, I have come to the conclusion that I can't do everything.....so I've decided to give my husband the first feeding at night (the 10:30-12:30 feeding) yes, I might miss a feeding, but it's going to allow me to get my run in and probably an extra hour of sleep at night. At first I was hesitant, but it will make my day unfold a whole lot better. I don't think it will make me a bad mother to only feed her 7 out of the 8 times she eats per day.
I guess I didn't understand how hard breast feeding was...especially when you work full time. Pumping at 9:30. 12:30 and 3:30 is not easy...and I've only gone 3 days so far.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Loved seeing you today. You look fantastic! Thanks for the laughs during practice about the spikes. Gotta love old-school. HA.