Monday, December 6, 2010

I ate a whole bag of chocolate and now my pants fit better.

Oh the joys of breast feeding, like a mini monster inside you that eats up everything.....there is actually alot of truth to that.

Monday: 45 minute run

I could run forever, but I'm trying to be careful with my achilles. Houston took the first shift last night and I think that helped tremendously. I felt like a new person at work, and I still woke up at 4:00 AM to feed Maddy, make coffee, and get my run in.

Work, wow I can't even call what I do work anymore. I have the most beautful office space, the most amazing co-workers, and my Director is extremely thoughtful, I can't even call him boss. He certainly earns my respect as one, but I have never had a voice like I do now...it makes me feel like an equal.

I love being back at work, I love every minute of it. I have not been super early the past few days because the last few minutes with Madison every morning is so precious...it's hard to let me girl go.

I've got alot to work on in my life, but first and foremost my priority is my baby girl. I don't want to miss a minute of her growing up. Right this minute she is laying beside me, checking out the lights, looking around at everything and giving me the odd smile. She doesn't do much right now, but it doesnt matter....I could stare at her all day.

I thought I knew what was important in life, and what my priorities are. I really knew nothing. I want everything for my daughter, especially to meet everyone that is important in her life...her aunt, uncles, in-laws, everyone. I want her to have a great life. I want her to experience all things that I have..and never could. I want her to have everything, and to realise how little she really needs.


fartleks/tempos start tomorrow.

1 comment:

Haley Greenwell said...

This is beautifully written :) You're a great mom Meggan.