Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Canada is Cold.

Monday: 58 minutes with 30 minutes at fartlek
Tuesday: 54 minutes
Wednesday: 45 minutes with 20 minutes at tempo
Thursday: 80 minutes with Kelly and Tiff
Friday: 72 minutes with M.E.
Saturday: 9 miles in 63:30 (just short of 9)
Sunday: woke up at 2:45am to get 10 minutes in
Monday: 57minutes with 2 miles hard and 3X the center street stairs (Calgary at 4000 FT)
Tuesday: 70 minutes (ran hard so I am guessing it was over 9 miles..in Calgary)

Madison was a champ on the plane, really didn't even make a sound...so proud of her. We have gotten her a little off schedule and she is not sleeping as well (last thursday night she slept through the night) so we are doing what we can to get her back on it. We are keeping the little muffin inside... -15 C is not weather for a 2 month old southern girl.

Running is going ok. Everyday I am reminded of the fact that yes, I just had a child and I do have limits. I can't run as hard as I used to (yet) and I have no ability to gage intensity (yet). I am learning this new body day by day. All in all, I should be happy with where I am.

I am much more competitive then I was before, one of the reasons I ran so hard today is that I would not let a single person pass me....and I did alot of passing. There must have been at least 200 runners out today..it's nice being in a city where almost everyone believes that physical activity is soo important.

Anyways..I'm just running hard every opportunity I get. I love feeling like I ran so hard I could puke and knowing that I gave it all I had. The previous nine months, that is what I missed the most. I could run hard every single day if my body would let me.

No comments: