Sunday, November 14, 2010

Madison Justine Franks born 10/15/10

About 4 weeks ago, baby Madison finally made her appearance. In the end, she did not come out without a fight (I finally was induced 5 days after our due date) after one night in the hospital and a 15 hour labor, she showed up...all 8 pounds and 7 ounces.

It was a struggle, and the most painful thing I have ever felt. I told my husband over and over again betweens screams that I was not having another child...but the mind forgets how painful and in the end it was so worth it. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever known, and she is all mine (well, mine and my husbands of course).

Right now she is thriving, and I am almost recovered. We are figuring each other out, even as a baby she is some what predictable with her eatting and sleeping. She is happy and strong and I love her more and more each day...if that is even possible.

As for running: I am up to 30minutes. I have tried a couple 40's, but 30min seems to be what I
am comfortable with. That and riding the trainer, about 40-60minutes most days. Somedays I just run or ride the trainer, other days I do both. I have started logging my miledge, but it is laughable at this point so I will hold back from posting it.

As for what I gained, I weighed 124.6 yesterday. Before the whole getting pregnant thing, I was usually around 115-120, so being up 5 or so pounds is no big deal. I do understand that I probably lost a good bit of muscle these past 9 months, so taking it off will be slow at first. Also, I am breast feeding so loosing this last little bit is not a priority-- feeding Maddy is.

1 comment:

SBVOR said...

Congratulations to the entire family!