Sunday, May 2, 2010

17.1 Weeks

Friday: 50minutes
Saturday: 30 Minutes AM, 44Minutes PM (in Oxford for the Ole Piss meet)
Sunday: 57minutes

Weekend splurges:
1 tub of movie theater popcorn (..small!)
1 McDonalds frappe (...small!)

Accomplishments this week:
2 power yoga sessions
7 days running
Still wearing my jeans (well...with the help of the hair elastic trick)

So I'm starting to fell much better now, the first three months of this pregnancy thing (at least that is what everyone keeps telling me it is) I felt like I was barely alive. Running, ha! Try it was more like fast walking pace. However, I still toughed out my long runs, and last week I got an 11.5 miler. This week, unfortunately, I caught the early bus to the Oxford meet (yes we were heading into enemy territory for the day) so I split my day into two runs. Really, its not about the running, its about keeping in shape and being healthy throughout this pregnancy.

Although, the reduced training, no workouts, and no hard runs is really killing me. Try going from running an average of 8-10miles everyday at a pretty fast pace, two killer workouts a week and a long run of 12-18 miles- and cut it in half. Then, take away all the workouts, add nausea, fatigue, and a small but gradual weight gain week after week for 40 weeks. Kind sucks the life right out of you doesn't it?

Well, not entirely. See, its all worth it when you get the hear that little heart beat every 4 weeks. Everytime the nurse moves that Doppler around to search for the little guy..I'm always a little sceptical, like is it really still there....?...(of course it is moron) but its still a little unreal.

So I may run a 10k or two in the next few weeks. Just so I can tell my little girl or boy that Mommy ran a race when she was pregnant with you. Of course, I am not looking to break any records or anything, just go out there and finish- maybe get a t-shirt. Haha, guess its always something to look forward to.

Well, we have alot to look forward to. Just got to tough it out for 23 more weeks...:)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

oh Wow!! I didn't realize you were pregnant ;) Congratulations!!! I am really curious to keep up with how your body feels through training and staying in shape while pregnant. I am not far behind you--we are going to start trying in September! I have been reading a book, Exercising through your pregnancy. It's one of the only ones I have seen that really encourages not giving up your training while pregnant, and all the ways training through your pregancy makes for a stronger, more healthy baby!!!

renee m. said...

i am so excited for you meggan! congrats and i will be praying for your pregnancy that it continues to be smooth. i hope you start to feel better. i can't even imagine the kind of relationship you and little baby are already forming, that is just incredible to think about. CONGRATS! :)

you, coach franks, buster, and little baby will be just the cutest family ever!

DamionHallam3216 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.