Thursday, June 18, 2009

MIA on the blog...been busy with life!

Well since my last post I have joined a new running group, bought a dog ( a Morkie named Buster) gone head first into my new job, raced a half marathon, and reduced my miledge a good bit.

This new group I train with runs at 4:45am mon,wed,fri and 6:30 on saturdays. We also meet tuesdays at 5:15. Because I typically dont come home from work till after six, I rarely run in the afternoons now. Whats the point? I am not training for anything big except for a couple of 5k's late in the summer.

Problem is, my long runs are now with the boardtown group, and we usually take long water breaks which I am having trouble getting used to. Yes, my pace has been getting down to around 6:45 per mile on my regular run days, and can drop down to 6:30 on my long runs for quite anumber of miles--- but I havent been able to do more than one workout and a hard long run per week because the change in training has been so hard to get used to.

I really have enough time to get 10 miles in most mornings, but it seriously effects my jog performance, and right now, I cannot afford to be hungry all the time (or tired for that manner). And, at the end of the day I just want to go home and be with my family, and not run. 8 miles is enough for me. NOt only that, I am taking thursdays off! And sundays I barely run! I havent done this since I started running. I feel so guilty but why bother getting myself fatigued right now.

So I have a new Morkie named Buster, hes almost 12 weeks old and the cutest thing you have ever seen. Thats his picture on this post.

Besides the fact that I have significantly reduced my miledge, my training has been pretty good. I wish I would have posted some of the runs we have done...but I just didnt get around to it.

As for the half marathon..I ran a race in Jackson last weekend, pretty low key, I really used it as a long run...but ended up getting heat exhaustion by the end. I would have never won it anyway, I settled for second before the gun went off (I was being realistic). Not only could I not have won, I couldnt be bothered trying to race. I am to exhausted and mentally drained. Still pocked $250, which was not much but a nice treat for a long run effort....probably not worth me having to sleep all day sunday.

I promise to try to better about blogging my training from now on...promise to TRY. lol.

Happy Running everyone!

2 comments:

Loren said...

Buster is so cute!! Glad you have a group to run with now! I miss you!

Trish said...

Meggan, your yorkie is soooooooo cute; I have a dog from the yorkie family, but he's a little bigger than yours. I love him so much too. Hang in there with juggling work and training; I'm 42 now and have raced all my life; the transition from college racing to real world self-coaching etc is tough, but well worth it. Make sure to set goal races every season to keep motivated. trish