Monday, May 11, 2009

April showers bring may...well its not sunshine, thats for sure

Saturday: AM: 21min warmup/20min cooldown, 10k race in (ahem...)
Sunday: PM: 60min easy on southfarm
Monday: AM: 1hr 39min for 14 miles (7:04 pace)pouring rain and thunderstorms..
Tuesday: AM:2 mile jog Pm:40min run

Saturday was a terrible experience. I went out not to fast, 5:48 at the mile which was relatively conservative and just got slower from there. I know Gum Tree is not a fast course, but there is no excuse for what I ran. Really, it was not a terrible day, I had a two time olympic gold medalist out kick me at the end and only beat me by less than 15 seconds...so that was ok. I am just not happy with it...the field was loaded I know but it was awful. I need to find out what oart of my training is missing...I can go through 10k faster in a half marathon than I can just racing the 10. It just doesnt make any sense.

I am jumping back on the training wagon and really hope to have a good week this week. I know Monday was not my best long run effort, but I felt so good and relaxed..and easy!..that I really felt like it was a great day.

Houston leaves for the SEC meet in the morning. I wish him and the whole team luck. Sad to miss it this year :(.

1 comment:

RunTX said...

sorry to hear that you didn't do as well as you thought. What was your time and how many miles per week are you training?