Thursday, April 2, 2009

Half marathon recovery week

Monday: AM:35min elliptical + weights
Tuesday: AM:55min easy
Wednesday: AM:2miles PM:65min easy
Thursday: AM: 30min PM: 2mile w/u, 2-3 mile c/d 6x800m w/2min recovery on mugshots(from the middle)
2:40, 2:45, 2:36, 2:33, 2:42, 2:42 (from the middle, 2, 5, 6 would be up hill)

Todays workout went fairly well, seeing as I am just 4 days recovery from my half marathon. I am a little frustrated about the race because I ran 10 miles solo. There was a pack about 40 secounds a head that I really should have caught by about mile 10, but it would have taken alot.

I just had way to much at the finish. I recovered way to fast.

Today the workout felt pretty relaxed. I was suppose to do between 6 and 8, and decided that today was not the day to empty the tank. Now I need to decide what I am going to do about the weekend, and if I am going to stay or travel to NO for the bridge run I did last year. We will see.

Its past 10 and I have had an extremely busy week. Im out.

1 comment:

RunTX said...

Motivating blog to be persistent with my running. Looking forward to you visiting my blog and following it as I will start to follow your progress as well.

God bless you.