Thursday, April 9, 2009

Big decisions ahead...

AM:2-3mile warm up, 4x1 mile at 5-10k pace w/4min rest, 2 mile cooldown
on the mugshots loop from the middle-yeah Houstons trying to make it harder on me (goal was sub 5:30 on the fast miles, sub 5:35 on the slow miles)
5:35, 5:15, 5:34, 5:28

I was a little disappointed after this workout...I had traffic on the first one so I had to slow down throught the lights. I also want the run better on the 3rd one..even though it is almost completely up hill.

I have had a really rouhg week. I cant eat sleep or stop shaking. I have had 4 job interviews this week, and three offers. I am a little relieved that I do not have to go to any more interviews, as I have had 15 this semester.
I really have to sit down and decide what I want to do. I know where I want to be and what job I want, but I need to really look at the long term plan.
I know whats going to make me happy. Now I just have to call 10 otehr people and tell them I am not interested. Not looking forward to it but all in all thats a pretty good problem to have.

I think the game plan for this weekend is to get a long tempo run on saturday, and then another solid long run on monday. I really need to do something about my appetite because I felt my legs start to cramp this morning. I need to eat more. I am thinking of an appetite stimulant. Any ideas?
Wine might help, but I would probably be asleep before it took any effect. I am not much of a wine drinker to tell you the truth.

Its after five and I am off for the weekend! Bye y'all.

4 comments:

Loren said...

Glad you have job offers. Your appetite problem is opposite from me. I eat too much. If only I had the problem of no appetite :)

Jason Odom said...

hey Megan! just starting following your blog and it looks great. My advice on the appetite problem, is start with small snack type meals with about 12g Protein, 20g carbohydrate, 6g fat. Sounds crazy...But this will put your insulin levels back in balance, and its not too heavy on the stomach. some ideas,,, about 3 oz. of lean protein (i.e. tuna, salmon, chicken breast, FYI an average chicken tender is 3 oz.)...20g Carbo is about a medium sized apple, 1 banana, or 5 cups broccoli. Fats usually follow the protein. Meaning with that much protein you are receiving enough fats. The key is balancing your insulin levels. Its called The Zone. Take care.

RunTX said...

Back when we ran cross county in college, our coach recommended bananas. 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening...We were training about 85-95 miles on any given week during the summer...

Damie said...

Great blog! I found your blog through Loren's, and you are a serious, awesome runner! Thanks for letting me read- I am so impressed! Good luck with the job choices- I am going through the same thing right now, except I am at the very beginning of sending out resumes. Aghhhh!!!!!!!