Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Race Prep & Sun Shine

AM: 26min light jog (got up early to read moneyball for class)
PM: 15min w/u, 15min c/d
2X2mile at 1/2 marathon goal pace (90sec R)+ 4X200m (60 sec R)
6:08,5:59 (12:07) 6:06, 5:55 (12:01) 35, 34, 35, 35

This was one of those days that you feel like you should still have a workout left...I guess thats why its called race prep. It was strange to stop at 2 miles and take 90 seconds, it felt very easy and relaxed. I had a little bit of cramping in the final mile, but my pace didnt slow at all, and my effort didnt change. I know its because I got myself dehydrated after my long run. I really need to be better about that.

Houston leaves for stanford tomorrow. I leave for Knoxville Saturday (race is sunday) I am going to stop off on my way and watch Sarah run the 5k at Alabama, and then continue on my journey. I am dreading having to race this weekend without my better half. But hes got to work.

My Husband just informed me that I have 220 pages left of moneyball to read so I apologize for the short post.

No comments: