Sunday, March 29, 2009

Knoxville Half Recap: Is it still a PR if its only a second....?

Sunday:AM: 2mile warmup
Half marathon in 1:23:33 for 2nd place and a 1 second pr (who does that?)
1-2mile cool dowm (walking and running)
6.5 hour drive home (or 5 hours to alabama, and another 90min home after that).

I think I forgot how hard this course was. At least I know, after running Knoxville in a PR that I am able to run a sub 1:22, hopefully in a few months time I can find a good race to do it...it needs to be a few months or its going to be to hot. The race was really freakin hilly. BUt my legs feel pretty good today. I was really worried, after being crammed in a car for two days.

I am extremely over loaded with school work, all I can say was the race went well, I ended up 2nd, which was a whole place ahead of where I was last year. Profited very well, even if you take into consideration the driving and everything.

I am going to post at a later date much of the weekends activities.

Oh, just want to make a shout out to Robert Scribner, whom shattered the MSU school record in the 10000m, 29:07 was wha he ran. Absolutely fabulous performance. Must be all that good coaching. I knew my husband was good at something.

Nice work man.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Wow second place! That's incredible! I am a beginning runner and am so inspired by runners like you! You've got yourself a new follower :o)