Saturday, March 7, 2009

1 week out

I think I was the only one of the streets this morning...

AM:2.5mile w/u
2mile tempo run (time trial?) on mugshots, 11:04.90 (5:32 slit m1, 5:32 split m2)
+6X200m w/ 60 rest
3mile cooldown

Mid AM: 5miles

(marking off the loop for the womens tempo run in Ackerman...the first 2.5 was more like a walk jog because I had the wheel and I was putting out cones.)

Today was interesting. I got up early to run a 2 mile tempo all by myself. No coach, no other runners around to push me...no one even outside to witness my pain. It was interesting. I settled alot the last 800m because it got hard and I started to feel sorry for myself....and I was running up a hill. In the end, I really wanted to run around 10:55 but I have only really had 6 weeks of good training...maybe 7..and this is exactly where I need to be. I dont want to be running fast yet because my racing season is going to be long and hard.

I met the women at 8:30 so we could drive out to Ackerman and run the lake look around Oktock lake. It was really hot by the time we started, and the trail really needed to be swept so I was quite pleased with the way the workout went considering the conditions. I was so tired by the time I got home that I slept for over 2 hours.

On another note, ME had her first track race EVER today...actually 2 races, the 2 mile and the mile. Unfortunately I wish they would have put her in the 800 and the mile, or just the mile, but I have no say in that... I can only make suggestions. I am guessing she will make the state meet in something...I am hoping.
EIther way, she is only in 8th grade, she has a long way to go.

The husband is out of town and I am way behind on school work so that is what is on the agenda for the rest of the night. Yes saturday.

No comments: