Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cramping & Warm Leg Syndrome?What??

This post is pretty boring so I apologize in advance....

Monday:Am: 15miles in 1:44:57 (13 miles at 6:44-6:55 pace according to mr.gps)
Tuesday: AM:20min
PM:40min, weights
Wednesday: AM: 66min (9miles)
Thursday: AM:20min (hurting soo bad after driving to and from nashville on wednesday, 11hrs in the car)
PM:2mile w/u&c/d Bulldog miles (4x300m, 2x800m, 1x1600m, 2x800m, 4x300m)
the 300's are suppose to be 400's but it was extremely windy and I just wanted one workout where I didnt have to battle it the whole time. ran the 1st 300s at what was suppose to be the pace i ran the workout, but I ended up gutting throught it pretty well and ran alot faster. After the mile, Houston actually walked up to me and said "where did that come from...5:16 ??thats not current 5k pace!." seriously, I have not done any thing faster than 10k pace in like, 7 months. All the 800's and the mile were on mugshots, with hills and wind. so i was pretty happy with the results...all over the place... 62, 62, 62, 62, 2:49, 2:43, 5:16, 2:48, 2:36, 59, 59, 58, 57
Friday: AM:5miles PM:5miles, abs (it was hailing and lightning, so I actually did this 5 miles by running approximately 50 laps in the turf room...barefoot. Sounded like a good idea at the time.
Saturday: 10miles tempo in 61:50 (6:10 pace)
Sunday: 40min recovery run


So I have been having some extreme cramping issues, so bad that I actually thought something was seriosuly wrong with me. The doctor told me I just sweat alot and I need to hit the salts HARD. SO I have been...sometimes I eat soup for breakfast, my lunches containt over 40% of your daily values of sodium, I dont drink water any more it is diluted gatorade and cytomax..lots of bananas, lots of salt in everything even my water glasses. On wednesday I had to drive to nashville for a job interview and I cramped so bad the whole time it was painful, especailly going to sleep at night. Now, I have had some issues with a thing called "warm leg syndrome" it feels like someone is pouring warm water on different parts of your body. Supoosably it is caused by a B12 deficientcy. I am really having a hard time getting enough calories and vitamins this time around. Im not sure if I can run many half marathons if I cannot even get the nutrition aspect right.

On another note, the womens team headed to kentucky yesterday for the SEC Indoor Championships. So far, our womens multi's have been lighting it up. Results will be posted here:
http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/c-track/spec-rel/2009-sec-indoors.html

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very interesting site. The content is very informative and I am so glad that I dropped by. Thanks!
_________________________________
http://www.aquashieldroofingcorpsite.com

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be not working? Does anybody here at mfranks.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely glad to discover this. great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am certainly delighted to find this. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am certainly happy to find this. cool job!

Anonymous said...

Hi

I'm lookingo for people who like strength sports eg. bodybuilding. You can take part in a huge project of testing sport supplements.
We will be test supplements like this
[url=http://www.suplementy.odzywki-dla-sportowcow.com.pl/przyrost-masy-miesniowej]odzywki[/url] If you are interested in this project please send me your CV with photo on e-mail: bodybuildingprojectone@gmail.com
We will contact only with chosen people

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your site is so cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this blog. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for more articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found just the information I already searched all over the place and simply couldn't come across. What an ideal web-site.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job right here. I definitely enjoyed what you had to say. Keep heading because you absolutely bring a new voice to this topic. Not many people would say what youve said and still make it interesting. Well, at least Im interested. Cant wait to see more of this from you.