Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Heading to the Homeland


Well I am going home for 4 days, in the middle of the semester, of all times. Its thanksgiving in Canada, so I will get to see almost all my family and my wild and crazy siblings. I am excited, I have not been traveling much since I hurt myself about 5 weeks ago, I am aching to get out of this mini town for a few days. Since being married, however, I really dont like traveling alone. There is a certain security that comes with my husband being right there. Oh well. Hes on a recruiting trip in texas.


ANyways, so I got a Garmin 305 for my birthday. I have only had the chance to use it once, and I am rehab running so I dont even get the chance to do something spectacular with it. Its like a mini computer on my arm, that barely fits (the band is to big, my wrists are to small). But its addictive, I want to look at it every second, I have to make myself look away for at least a minute. Its really not a great thing for "rehab" running either. My calf is still sore, and yet I want to go faster, so its a constant battle between what I know I should be doing, and what I really want to do.

So today I ran my first my really slow, like 8:45 pace to losen up the calf. After that I ran "normal and relaxed" between 7:30 and 7:00 pace. I ended up averaging in the 7:30's but I kept trying to make it go faster. Its a little inconsistent, has a bit of a delay, and will calculate a "best pace" even if you only hold it for a few seconds. For example, on my easy run today I had a best pace of 6:18. There is no freakin way I ran 6:18 pace for more than a few seconds.


So to sum it up. Its a pretty cool toy. Oh yeah and training tool, right.


Wednesday: AM: 40min elliptical PM: 5miles at 7:30 pace

1 comment:

Jesse A. said...

Have fun in Canada with the Garmin!