Tuesday, July 8, 2008

No racing, just running

Sitting down with HOuston last night I stated again that I would like to run Canadian Nationals. Last time I ran, I finished 30th and had a horrible race...not good seeing as I was 17th as a junior. He is all for it, so I think I wam going to train primarly for 5k to 10k because the race is only 6k. I dont mind that, this half marathon stuff has gotten my hip all messed up anyway.

This week has been better, I am still really tired all the time about 2-3 in the afternoon. I dont think my diet is that good, but often time I find myself alone in the office and I cant sneak out to go get anything. So I drink my G2 and starve from about 11-2. I need to start brown baging it.

This week is suppose to be a pretty goo week...however the intense weight session I had on monday might not let it get as big as I would like.

Monday: AM: 64min fartlek workout, 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 minutes hard, w/ half the interval time recovery. It went pretty well ,I know on the long segments I was 6min pace or faster because I ran the lake loop and approximated from where I knew I had made 400m markers previously.
PM: 3 miles at 7:30-6:40 pace, stretching but no weights

Tuesday: AM: 50min w/ Annie (hip kinda tight, good stretch though, but I normally stretch after almost every run, or at least once a day)
PM: Planned 3-5 miles and yoga+pilates.

No comments: